JCS Wildlife Recycled Poly Lumber Caged Platform Bluebird Feeder (Single Cup)
JCS Wildlife Recycled Poly Lumber Caged Platform Bluebird Feeder (Single Cup) - Blue/Blue is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Delivery and Shipping
Delivery and Shipping
Free Shipping to the Continental United States! See our shipping policy for more information.
This fortress of a feeder is based on the design by Steve Gilbertson and is meant to keep larger "bully" birds such as European Starlings, while allowing bluebirds to come and go as they please. Simply fill the included acrylic cup with mealworms or desired food, open the "gate", and place the cup in the hole in the center of the feeder. For best results place near a water feature such as a birdbath.
Start off by putting a small amount of food in your new feeder until the bluebirds begin feeding regularly. This will help prevent waste. Please note that while mealworms are considered a “staple item” when feeding bluebirds, they will also eat suet (especially peanut butter suet) and sunflower hearts (out-of-shell). Suet can be crumbled and placed in the feeder cup, as well as sunflower hearts. And don’t forget - mealworms can be fed both live and dried. If you really want to attract bluebirds to your feeder, try some live mealworms, about 15-20 at a time in the cup!
Features of your Feeder:
● The Modern Enclosed Bluebird Feeder is a “caged” type feeder. It is designed to keep larger birds like European Starlings and Northern Mockingbirds out, but still allow bluebirds and other small songbirds access. Some of the other birds you might see using this feeder are wrens and sparrows.
● There are grooves cut into all 4 outer sides of the base to allow the bluebirds a better place to grab onto when entering the feeder. These grooves also contain drain holes at each end so that water does not collect in them.
● Feeder includes 1 plastic mealworm cup which holds approximately 4oz of mealworms. Should the need ever arise, replacement cups are available on the JCs Wildlife website.
● Your feeder is constructed using high-quality, recycled poly-lumber. This material is made out of at least 95% recycled milk jugs and is guaranteed to never crack, split or fade due to normal weather exposure.
● Cleaning is a breeze. Simply use warm water and a mild soap to clean this feeder. Even though the mealworm cup is under cover, don’t forget to clean it from time to time as well.
● Proudly made in Southern Indiana, USA!
Dimensions: 11.5"L X 11.5"W X 5"H (14" with Hanger)
Capacity: 4 oz
Construction: Recycled Poly Lumber
Birds That Will Use This Feeder: Bluebirds, Small Songbirds, Wrens, Sparrows
Seed or Feed Options: Dried or Live Mealworms, Seed Blends, Crumbled Suet
Origin Country: Made in the USA!
Payment & Security
Shop with confidence. Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
I still haven't seen any bluebirds yet, but the wrens love it!!
I really love this feeder, but I also really believe that the holes are not big enough. They are supposed to be 1.5". These are 2" wide and 1.25" high. Not 1 bluebird used it. I had 1 when that enjoyed it, as well as starlings that would Try. I had to return it.