Now introducing the JCs Wildlife Recycled Poly Lumber Awesome Possum House!
This house is for the possum or opossum, whichever way you want to spell it, that you want to protect! Possums do not build their own shelters, they search for them. They will retreat to dens and nest that have been abandoned by other animals, or the possums will take cover in sheds, old buildings, cavities in rocks, brush piles or hollow trees. That's where the Awesome Possum House comes in handy! The box features a 5" in diameter entrance hole that is protected by an awning so the house will not have a lot of light shining in as possums try to hide away from the bright sun. The box is constructed using recycled poly lumber material that will not crack, split or fade due to being exposed to the elements. Includes three 3-inch mounting screws.
* We recommend mounting this box anywhere from 10-15 feet high in a large, old tree away from any predators. *
Dimensions: 19" H x 12.5" D x 18" W
Possum Fun Facts:
1. Possums are not aggressive. They can "play possum" for hours to avoid potential brawls with other animals and humans.
2. Rabies are a rarity among these marsupials. Their natural body temperature is often too low to host the virus.
3. Possums kill thousands of ticks. One possum can eliminate up to 4,000 ticks in one week thanks to their extreme self-grooming techniques.
4. Waste management is their specialty. Possums will eat just about anything and are nature's best clean-up crew.
5. Possums are the only marsupials indigenous to North America.
6. They get rid of garden pests like slugs, beetles and cockroaches.
7. Possums are quite smart and have tested with a higher intelligence than most domestic animals like rabbits, cats and dogs.