Control insects and rodents by attracting Screech Owls to your yard
Screech Owls are one of the easiest owls to attract to your area as they are found widely across the United States. Screech owls are always looking for a place to call home. The little 7" tall owls can become quite tame and will help keep your insect and rodent population under control. The small Screech Owls and Saw-whet Owls can have a hard time finding natural cavities because of the competition from other birds. Our Cedar Screech Owl Nest Box is a very popular alternative.
- Front door opens easily for installation and for yearly cleaning
- The size of the box represents similar habitats found in nature
- Drainage holes on the bottom of the box promote airflow and proper drainage
- Cedar slats on the front help owls get into the box
- Overhanging roof keeps the inside dry
- Nesting materials and screws are provided
- Overall dimensions of this cedar owl box are 12" Wide x 14" Tall x 10.5" Deep
- Nest box only dimensions (without roof and base): 7.75" Wide X 11.75" Tall X 7.5" Deep
- Inside nest box dimensions: 6.1875" Wide X 11" Tall X 6.5" Deep
- Hole size: 4" Wide X 3" Tall - Situated 9.75" above inside box floor
This beautiful, hand-made Nest Box is made by JCs Wildlife in Southern Indiana. The body of this nesting box is made of 5/8" cedar wood and the roof is made of recycled poly lumber. The poly roof will not crack, split or fade from being exposed to the natural elements. Cedar is naturally water resistant.
Where Should I Mount my Box?
Screech Owls like to nest in deep woods, preferably near swamps. Likes coniferous woods and evergreen thickets in parks and gardens. For best results mount 10 to 20 feet high in a large, dense tree. You may want to position this cedar birdhouse away from the houses of other birds.
Breeds from southeastern Alaska east across central Canada to Nova Scotia and south to southern California, Arizona, Illinois, North Carolina (in mountains) and Connecticut. Winters in breeding range and south to Arkansas and North Carolina.
|Outside Dimensions||12" W X 14" H X 10.5" D|
|Hole Diameter||4" W X 3" H|
|Hole Height Above Floor||9.75"|
|Construction||Cedar Wood and Recycled Poly Lumber|
|Birds That Would Use This Nesting Box||Screech Owl and Saw-Whet Owl|